Software Engineer — Android
Job ID: Android-2023
Join our Mobile development team working on smartphones, tablets and wearable devices. This is a hands-on developer position. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, high quality code and passion for technology is essential. The successful candidate has a strong technical ability, loves writing and debugging code, good communication skills, and likes working on consumer products.
- Design and build applications for the Android platform using Kotlin, Java and Android SDK – this is a hands-on developer position.
- Implement new features, fix bugs, and improve performance of our applications.
- Work closely with development and QA teams to design and implement UI and backend functionality to improve usability.
- Identify and root cause performance bottlenecks, random crashes, and fix hard-to-reproduce bugs.
- Help improve code quality, perform peer code reviews, write unit tests, enable automation and localization.
- Gradually take on more responsibility and have a bigger impact – take on more challenging tasks, mentor others, lead a module and own it end-to-end, manage a team.
- Stay up-to-date with technical trends. Be a part of our learning culture by giving Tech Talks.
- BE or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in building Android applications.
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin programming languages.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles and design patterns.
- Understanding of Android design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Familiarity with offline storage, threading, performance tuning, integrating with backend services.
- Knowledge of the Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks is a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced development environment.
- A positive attitude, and a team player.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn, with strong logical reasoning skills.
- Prior experience publishing an app on the Google Play store is a big plus.